-moz-box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, .1);

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sophomore Dorm Room - Bed

I've had a lot of people ask me where I have gotten specific things for my dorm, so I decided to do a few posts concentrated on certain parts of my room!

The first part is my bed area!


My monogrammed headboard is from Artist Tree (instagram- Artist Tree, website- Dondee Hicks)
     -For reference, my headboard is 6 1/2 feet tall


I used my comforter, sheets, and bed skirt from last year, but I did pick up a matelasse (check out this one!) I got my adorable euro sham cover from Cathy's Custom Pillows, and just bought an insert at a local home goods store! I got my adorable night stand from Hobby Lobby, and it was half off!! (winner winner chicken dinner!) Check out this tutorial for my custom lampshade!





Under my bed, I used slide out bins for storage. Check out this post of mine to learn how to make the most of your bed area! 


And last, but definitely not least,…my favorite thing in my room! I painted this piece all by myself, and I'm super proud of it! This is the biggest piece I've painted by far, but I love having something that I painted hanging up. It means so much more to me than just hanging a picture or poster that someone else did, and it makes the room feel more homey to me! (Also, the best part is that it's super lightweight! It's hanging on thumbtacks!!)

P.S. Can you spy my Lilly-inspired cooler in one of the pictures? ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'd love instructions on how you painted this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim! Are you referring specifically to the headboard or the wall piece?

      Hayden

      Delete