-moz-box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, .1);

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Gift Basket 101: College Edition

For my boyfriend's birthday back in June, I made him this cute little gift basket of things that he would need for college (he's a freshman this year, too). Like boys everywhere, my boyfriend thought all he needed to bring to college was a blanket, clothes, and an Xbox. So, I got him a few things that I knew he would need. This gift basket was relatively cheap, and makes a great graduation gift or care package! I got most of the things from Dollar Tree (a dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo child!), Dollar General or Wal-Mart. In addition to everything pictured, I added a strainer ($1), bowls ($1), a giant pack of Ramen Noodles, coat hangers ($1), and a Slim Jim ($1).

The basket all neat and put together!

Microwavable popcorn and a movie so we can have a movie night date! (It's a cheap date!)
$1 for popcorn from Dollar Tree and $5 for the movie from Wal-Mart
 Napoleon Dynamite is one of our favorite movies!

Their favorite candy for when they get hungry and the dining hall is closed! (I used Sno-Caps and Gobstoppers!)
$1 a piece from Dollar Tree

Gym shorts with our school name and logo on it. (Go Trojans!) I also bought him a Columbia shirt and some PFG shorts.
I got the shorts from the Wal-Mart in troy for around $10 and bought the shirt and other pair of shorts on sale at a local retailer.

Because who doesn't love Silly String?!
$1 from Dollar Tree

Disinfecting wipes, which I still don't think he has used. (Boys are GROSS!)
$1 from Dollar Tree

Air Freshener for when his dorm starts to smell "manly" (This is more for my benefit than his ;P )
$1 from Dollar Tree

Laundry hamper, detergent packs (I recommend these, they're so fast and easy!), and dryer sheets so there's no reason he can't do his laundry.
Hamper around $3 from Wal-Mart, detergent around $5 from Dollar General, and dryer sheets $1 from Dollar General


I also added a roll of quarters so there is DEFINITELY no reason for him to have stinky clothes! 

Put it all in the laundry hamper and ta-da! A perfect gift for college!

No comments:

Post a Comment